Toyota Landcruiser petrol FJ series repair manual 1975-1984 NEW
Toyota Landcruiser Petrol FJ series 1975 - 1984 Gregory Repair Manual NEW
NEW - paperback
This Gregory`s workshop manual covers all Toyota Land Cruiser wagons, utilities hardtops, soft tops, troop carriers and cab chassis in the FJ 40, 45, 55 and 60 series built from 1975 to1984 and fitted with the 2F 4230cc petrol engine. It is not a factory manual, but provides illustrated step by step descriptions of repair and maintenance procedures based on hands on experience and a vehicle teardown using commonly available tools.
FJ Series Petrol 1975 - 1984
Wagon, Utility, Hard Top, Soft Top, Cab Chassis, Troop Carrier
FJ 40, 45, 55, & 60
No 511 4WD Service & Repair Manual
About the Toyota Landcruiser FJ
The Toyota FJ40 is the model designation for a Toyota Land Cruiser 40 series made from 1960 until 1984. Most 40 series Land Cruisers were built as two-door vehicles with slightly larger dimensions than a Jeep CJ. The model was also available under the BJ40 / 41 / 42 ( short wheelbase ), BJ43 / 44 / 46 ( middle wheelbase ) or HJ45 / 47 ( long wheelbase ) designation where it had a Diesel engine.
* 1960 – FJ40 series launched. (wheelbase 2,285 mm (90 in) / 2,430 mm (96 in) / 2,650 mm (104 in)
* 1965 – Longer wheelbase (2,950 mm (116 in)), FJ45-B, pickup and cab-chassis were added
* 1967 – End of 4-door FJ45V (I) (w/b 2,650 mm (104 in)) production, replaced by FJ55 Station wagon
– 2door FJ45-B renamed FJ45 (II) (w/b 2,950 mm (116 in))
* 1973 – HJ45 launched with the H , 3.6 litre in-line 6 cylinder Diesel engine.
* 1974 – BJ40 / 43 launched with the B, 3.0 litre in-line 4 cylinder diesel engine. A factory-fitted roll bar becomes standard in the United States.
* 1975 – Rear barn doors are added to US model FJ40s. The lift gate remains available as an option in other countries.
* 1976 – Disc brakes on the front axle and rear vent windows on the hard top in the United States
* 1979 – Power steering (only F models) and air conditioning added to the options, gear ratios modified from 4:11 to 3:73 in the United States to be more freeway friendly
* 1980 – HJ47 launched with a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder diesel engine. End of HJ45 production
– BJ42/46 and BJ45 launched with a 3.4 liter 4 cylinder diesel engine
* 1981 – Power steering added on the BJ models to the options, Disk Brakes added in Australia
* 1984 – End of F40 series production
* 2001 – End of Bandeirante production
Over the years Toyota has changed the engines used in the FJ40 series. The B series motor is a 4 cylinder diesel, and the H series a 6 cylinder diesel. For example, the F and 2F engines share many of the same parts. However the H and 2H engines have almost nothing in common. There are individual models within the engine series, for example, there is an F125 engine, and an F155 engine, all in the F series with different power ratings. While not legal, most FJ40 series vehicles could have their roof and doors removed. With a folding windshield this allowed for complete open-air experience.
Toyota Landcruiser Petrol FJ series 1975 - 1984 Gregorys Repair Manual NEW 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983
In stock-ready to post on Monday
Maximum Post $8.95 Australia-wide