Volkswagen VW Transporter T4 Diesel 2000 2004 Service Repair Manual Brooklands Books Ltd UK
Volkswagen Transporter T4 Diesel 2000-2004 Owners Service and Repair Workshop Manual
Get other VW repair manuals here
Volkswagen Transporter T4 Diesel Covers Covers all T4 diesel vehicles from 2000 to the end of 2004.
Models Covered: Vans - 800, 1,000, and 1,200 - Caravelle CL and GL - Bus (long and short wheelbase).
- 1.9L 4 Cylinder Diesel (ABL)
- 2.4L 5 Cylinder Diesel (AJA & AAB)
- 2.5L 5 cylinder TDI Diesel (ACV, AHY, AJT, AUF, AXG, AXL, AYC)
- Transmission & Final Drive
- Drive Shafts
- Front Suspension
- Rear Suspension & Axle
- Wheels & Tyres
- Fault Finding
- Wiring Diagram - Battery, X Contact Relief Relay, Ignition Switch, Fuses
- Wiring Diagram - Heater Blower, Blower Switch, Two Way Valve and Switch for Fresh Air and Recirculating Air Flap, Glovebox Light
- Wiring Diagram - Immobiliser, Cable Distributer for Data Bus, Self Diagnosis Connection
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Oil Pressure and Coolant Temperature Warning, Fuel Gauge, Revolution Counter
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Multi-Function Display, Rear Wiper Switch, Outside Temperatuer Switch
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Distance Recorder, Turn Signal Warning Lamps, Charge Warning Lamp, Main Beam Warning Lamp, Rear Fog Light Warning Lamp
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Brake Pad Wear Indication
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Handbrake Warning Light, Brake Fluid Warning Switch, Brake Warning Light, Speedometer
- Wiring Diagram - Dash Panel Insert, Radio Connection
- Wiring Diagram - Interior Lights, Door Contact Swithches
- Wiring Diagram - Headlamp Range Control, Hazard Warning Light Switch
- Wiring Diagram - Headlamps (Long Front End), Direction Indicators Front, Side Lights
- Wiring Diagram - Turn Signal Switch, Headlamp Dipped Beam / Flasher Switch, Side Light Switch
- Wiring Diagram - Cigarette Lighter, Brake Light Switch, Reversing Light
- Wiring Diagram - Left Hand Rear Turn Signal Light, Left Hand Tail Light, Left Hand Reversing Light, Left Hand Brake Light, Rear Fog Light, Raised Brake Light
- Wiring Diagram - Right Hand Rear Turn Signal Light, Right Hand Tail, Reversing Light, Number Plate Light
- Wiring Diagram - Lighting Switch, Rear Fog Light Switch, Switch and Instrument Illumination Regulator
- Wiring Diagram - Heated Rear Window
- Wiring Diagram - Windscreen Wiper / Washer System
- Wiring Diagram - Rear Window Wipe / Wash System (Tail Gate), Heated Windscreen Washer Jets
- Wiring Diagram - Dual Tone Horn, Horn Operation
Over 200 illustrations.
About the VW Transporter
The Volkswagen Transporter T4 (marketed in North America as being the Volkswagen Eurovan) should be a van produced by German automaker Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles between 1990 and 2003, succeeding the Volkswagen Type 2 (T3) and superseded by the Transporter T5. Introduced in 1990, the T4 was the most important held in a distinctive line of Volkswagen Transporters to get a front-mounted, water-cooled engine. Spurred on by the prosperity of similar moves with their passenger cars, Volkswagen had toyed included in the late 1970s aided by the idea of replacing their air-cooled, rear-engined Type 2 vans which includes a front-engined, water-cooled design. The with regard to deciding in 1980 to instead introduce a new rear-engined Type 2 (T3)/Vanagon are unclear. Thus, the introduction of a front-engined layout was delayed until the arrival associated with the T4.
Although its predecessors can also known casually as Transporters, the T4 may be the first Volkswagen van to officially use the 'Transporter' title. Looking for a production run of nearly 14 years, T4 production ceased in TWO THOUSAND AND THREE, turning it into second in order to the T1 for length of production in its real estate arena.
The T4 was produced in five basic body types: Panel Van (which have no windows behind the b-pillar), Kombi Van or Half-Panel (with windows between the b and c-pillars), Caravelle/Multivan (with windows all round), Westfalia (a VW-produced campervan) and either a single or double cab (Doka - deriving from German: Doppelkabine) - which has a pick-up style platform behind it. They were two standard wheelbases available; "short" (2,920 mm/115 in) and "long" (3,320 mm/131 in) along with a variety of different roof heights, including a pop-top roof for campers.
There was clearly one major facelift compared to the T4, in 1996, any time a re-shaped, longer front end was introduced. I thought this was needed in order to suit the six-cylinder VR6 engine into the T4's engine bay. Initially, only Caravelles and Multivans were available together with the longer nose, since these were the actual only real models available because of the VR6 engine. The commercial variants always been produced together with the shorter nose until 1999. However, campers as well as other specialist vehicles produced between 1994 and 1999 may have either the short or even the long nose, depending on which model was used to be the base vehicle. Commensurate with the Type 2's naming convention, the short and long-nose versions may also be informally also known as T4a and T4b, respectively. The T4 certainly a popular base for building a small to medium-sized camper and day-vans, both as self-build projects as well as for professional conversions. Volkswagen themselves also sold campervan versions of the T4, put together by and named after their contractor, Westfalia-Werke.
Due largely to its versatility, in addition to popularity as a campervan, the Volkswagen Transporter (for example the T4) has an extensive following amongst enthusiasts. Meetings are held regularly all year long in countries across Europe and one can find Internet forums dedicated to T4 owners and enthusiasts. In May 2010, the German enthusiasts of the T4 held a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the production of the first T4. A couple of hundred T4s took part with vans from far afield as Russia, France, Spain, central Europe and therefore the Nordic countries.
Volkswagen Transporter T4 Diesel 2000-2004 Owners Service and Repair Workshop Manual 2001 2002 2003
In stock-ready to post today.
Maximum Post $8.95 Australia-wide